Ninja Royale Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 202 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:45 pm
Latest topics
» Life After...
Website Design & Font Colors - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 1:35 am by KoolLink7

» Post your current game here!
Website Design & Font Colors - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 2:46 pm by MilkManMoo

» Looking for casual game? This might be your solution.
Website Design & Font Colors - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 2:41 am by FrancisWoo

» Clash of Clans
Website Design & Font Colors - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:45 pm by MilkManMoo

» Chaos Fighters
Website Design & Font Colors - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 2:53 pm by KoolLink7

» New Event?
Website Design & Font Colors - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 2:38 pm by bobbyabqorino

» KUNG FU HOUSE.
Website Design & Font Colors - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 5:29 pm by MilkManMoo

» Moo was 100.000th visitor on NR Forum!
Website Design & Font Colors - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 5:13 pm by misseELmissen

» BRAVE FRONTIER
Website Design & Font Colors - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 12:19 am by MilkManMoo

Website Design & Font Colors

+2
Cordio7
Sarah
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Website Design & Font Colors - Page 2 Empty Re: Website Design & Font Colors

Post by Admin Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:09 am

Ok I just tried it and poof, the world went dark. I can't see the original picture? The one without the forum already there? I don't think it's gonna look pretty for others who have different display setting?

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://ninjaroyale.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Website Design & Font Colors - Page 2 Empty background

Post by ynot563 Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:39 am

yea, thats the problem. ur gonna have to tell me what file type i need to save it to and the size it needs to be because i dont know those technical stuff. never did webpage stuff. Also the wallpaper i did was just a mock up lol. like behind that forum pic is a big black hole and the croppings show.

So i uploaded the 3 clans thing u wanted. I think it turned out pretty decent. Just remember that the big black mid and the croppings, I hope, would be hidden behind the forum.

go to flickr.com and paste this /photos/90848266@N02/

ynot563
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Website Design & Font Colors - Page 2 Empty background

Post by ynot563 Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:43 am

hey admin u wanna get into the chat window lol? i'm in there.help solve this background issue.

Ok. well I'm trying to google up answers on how to use large images as backgrounds for webpages. I didn't really think I would have to do this lol. Like i said before, I don't do webpages so I dont know the technical aspect of designing a background. I just know how to use photoshop pretty well. Here is a link I think might help. Go to youtube and paste this /watch?v=ASJ6gXREQUY. I can send u the photoshop file if u want.

ynot563
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cordio7 Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:38 am

https://i.servimg.com/u/f46/17/96/39/74/55965210.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f46/17/96/39/74/jira310.jpg

Here's a few pics you might be interested in ynot. The ninja Clash one might be particularly cool.
Cordio7
Cordio7
Guru
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:13 pm

Ok, here's the problem. The site is saving the images like a lengthwise piece of paper, cropping the right side of the picture. I guess I need to try changing it using other methods as this one doesn't want to cooperate with me.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ynot563 Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:23 am

Admin wrote:Ok, here's the problem. The site is saving the images like a lengthwise piece of paper, cropping the right side of the picture. I guess I need to try changing it using other methods as this one doesn't want to cooperate with me.

I was reading what could be some problems and some ppl said that having a image of 800pix is the magic number. Maybe try using a smaller size.

ynot563
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by ynot563 Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:56 am

is there a code where u can shift the picture like (height=xxx or width=yyy) or u can shift it in (x,y) position. Maybe in ur code there is a algorithm that causes it to repeat maybe u can find that and set it to 0 or delete it.

ynot563
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:39 am

I tried the 800, 1200, 1600 sizes, none of them "fit". This current one is the 800 and it's too small when I view it. For some who has their monitor set up at 800 it should fill the entire screen nicely, for us at higher resolutions, it's gonna look small. But if we used a bigger B-image, the lower resolution gets screwed up.

Forgive me I am not on much, family got sick and I am taking care of them right now, not much time for all else, even my ranking is suffering because of it, I had a real shot at ranking below 100 before this happened. Now I'll be lucky to get to 150.

Edit: I don't code, I use the forum administration panel where I just choose which or what to place in areas. I understand coding enough to understand what you are saying but you are talking about time I just can't spare right now. I'll fix stuff little by little don't worry. It will just take time.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ynot563 Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:24 am

its all cool. Just got interested in a lot when i was trying to find a solution to this. It seems that every forum is tiled. It might just be forumotion options. Also I changed my settings down to 800x600 res and your right it does fit, but the forum window covers the entire thing the background doesnt even show. This is getting complicated lol. Not only will we have to figure out how to change the background to fit everyone's resolution accordingly, but also re-size the forum window accordingly too. No wonder y all the other forums i visited using forumation decided to just tile or use a 1 color scheme. This would require some actual coding lol. I might just try to create a wallpaper that have seamless tiles instead, it might be the only option at this pt.

Is there a way to be like a semi admin? Like I can have access to just the code and site changes to the website? I am getting interested a lot now designing this webpage. I by no means want to run the website just the design portion. I understand if this is ur baby and you dont want to give it up yet but a thought maybe since ur busy and all. I myself am looking at a 4 week vacation starting on monday next week so I can devote some time to this webpage if u would like.

ynot563
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by RussellNg1980 Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:25 am

Just want to say the website looks much nicer. And not so many annoying floating adverts.

Wallpaper is a little weird on my PC. The wallpaper is tiled and on one side can't see anything on full page. If shrinked, can adjust the page so Jiraiya appears on both sides. (Jiraiya wallpaper disappeared while I was typing this LOL)

And the stars underneath the name. Looks a little pixellated. How about using the battle icon in the front page of the game? Its silver with red. So maybe just different silver and red appears depending on rank. And because its cartoonish, pixellation wouldn't look so odd.

Good job anyway. Its really getting lively too.
RussellNg1980
RussellNg1980
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by ynot563 Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:14 am

RussellNg1980 wrote:Just want to say the website looks much nicer. And not so many annoying floating adverts.

Wallpaper is a little weird on my PC. The wallpaper is tiled and on one side can't see anything on full page. If shrinked, can adjust the page so Jiraiya appears on both sides. (Jiraiya wallpaper disappeared while I was typing this LOL)

And the stars underneath the name. Looks a little pixellated. How about using the battle icon in the front page of the game? Its silver with red. So maybe just different silver and red appears depending on rank. And because its cartoonish, pixellation wouldn't look so odd.

Good job anyway. Its really getting lively too.

if things looks pixelated its because that was the quality of the photo to begin with. Its hard to get good in game screen shots when there is so much crap on the pages. And the wallpaper is having issues now but hopefully it will be fixed. type in flicker.com and paste this next to it: /photos/90848266@N02/8250560471/ if you want to c what it suppose to look like. By all means if you have some design ideas like that star icon paste stock image links. I'm actually thinking about starting a new avatar just for the purpose of gathering stock images, BUT i'm dreading it lol...1 avatar is enough i think.

ynot563
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:23 am

It is indeed my pet project but I do have every intention of giving this to someone who can run it well, I already gave admin rights to Sarah and Cordio because I know how dedicated they are to the game with Cordio maintaining the wikia almost all by himself and Sarah being as active a person as I've seen here. But giving it out to someone I haven't seen before even on the facebook comments section, that is what's giving me pause. It's not that I don't want to, it's just that in the wrong hands, someone could really do some damage here in terms of privacy issues, messing with what is already here and downright deleting everything that was posted here. It's a lot of power to just give out to anyone, I hope you understand.

If you really are interested, we can work something out in time.

@ Russel - yeah the blurry stars are bothering me too, soon, I'll find something to replace it with among a lot others hehe.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cordio7 Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:31 am

Sorry about the blurry stars, that's just one of the default images forum motion gave me. I just wanted to go ahead and activate it because of the small social aspect it gives to forum posters and that is just one thing that draws people in to a site.
Cordio7
Cordio7
Guru
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by chavarlison Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:25 pm

Don't worry about it Cordio, we love all the help you can give. We don't expect much since we know you are also maintaining the wiki.
chavarlison
chavarlison
Guru
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Cordio7 Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:37 pm

Bahaha, I think I fixed the background so that the image is properly displayed for you guys. Does it work properly for everyone?
Cordio7
Cordio7
Guru
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by ynot563 Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:45 pm

Cordio7 wrote:Bahaha, I think I fixed the background so that the image is properly displayed for you guys. Work?

Nice job cordio7! on my 1920x1080 monitor it fits perfectly. I also did a starting clan background if you want to test that out too. Just go to flickr.com again and paste this next to it /photos/90848266@N02/8251046221/

I didnt account for the top empty space being filled, forgot that the window browser was actually on top and deleted when i took the screen shot of the forum. O well, c if u can make the same outcome for that wallpaper as u did this. Again, nice job!

ynot563
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:07 pm

I knew there was a reason why I added Cordio Bahahaha! Good job mate.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cordio7 Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:43 am

I try Wink Next project is improving the chat box! Very Happy
Cordio7
Cordio7
Guru
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Cordio7 Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:41 am

I just took some liberties with the Admin/Mods names as well. Hopefully its not too much?
Cordio7
Cordio7
Guru
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by ynot563 Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:50 am

I got to be honest, it is a bit much. Everywhere i go, my eyes r drawn to them. maybe u can lower the opacity down and make it more transparent so that its not drawing the eyes so much put noticeable. Try out my new wallpaper I have on flickr. Feel free to critique. I think the smoke in some places r still off but we'll c.

ynot563
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by RussellNg1980 Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:03 pm

The event wallpaper is up. Nice. But can the top posters and calender (might not be necessary for calender), be moved back to the left? That way the forum wall doesn't cover so much of the wall paper. Right now, have to scroll down to see the wall paper even with the transparency.
RussellNg1980
RussellNg1980
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:27 am

Was trying out different settings, I took out the right side already, that should make the left side more visible.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RussellNg1980 Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:33 am

hehe... looks nicer.
RussellNg1980
RussellNg1980
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cordio7 Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:28 am

I think we're getting the design coming along nicely Very Happy
Cordio7
Cordio7
Guru
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by ynot563 Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:19 pm

I think it would be best if the banner leads you to the mobage ninja royale website where they can download the game or to play.com for ninja royale instead of the homepage of this forum. We already have a button "home" for that. Would be redundant to have 2 of them leading to the same page.

ynot563
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2